This is a great question. Do you adopt a dog or do you buy a dog?
What is the answer??????
Well the answer depends on the situation you are in, what you want the dog for and why you have picked that dog/breed. It is a hard decision but here are a couple of facts to help make it easier for you.
Adopting a dog:
- There are heaps of dogs out there that need a home already. A number of reasons mean they don’t have one yet.
- Helping a non-for profit organization is a tax deduction in many cases, so this means you may get some extra back on your tax.
- It is a great feeling knowing you saved a life.
- There are so many different breeds and personalities at a shelter that you may just find the perfect one for you.
- Not everyone wants to go through that puppy stage and this is a good place to find dogs that are already out of that time in there life.
- There are also much older dogs if that’s what you are after.
Look out on the k9 Class dog training blog next week for buying a dog!!!
K9 Class dog training